Hi friends! If you have created your blog using WordPress, then you might be thinking now about optimizing your blog and provide a better user experience to your readers. I want to tell you that you can very easily do the same with the help of some plugins and I am here with some of the “Best WordPress Plugins for Blogs” you should definitely check them out.
In my previous article about starting a blog in 2020, I have told there also that the most amazing part of WordPress is that you can do anything in your blog which you want with the help of plugins. Thanks to the developers who see our requirements and build plugins for our ease.
If you want to build your theme premium looking, you will get plugins like Elementor. And, if you want to write SEO-friendly articles, boost your website speed, include table of contents, use advanced typography in your articles or anything, there are numerous plugins available to as per your needs.
So, without wasting anytime, now let’s jump into our list of most important plugins every blogger must use.
Top 10 Best WordPress Plugins for Blogs in 2020
First of all, I want to give a disclaimer that today I am telling you about the plugins you should use in your blog as a beginner. These will help you to grow your blog even if you don’t have any technical skills. So, the list goes like this.
- AMP for WP
- Yoast SEO
- TinyMCE Advanced
- Shortcodes Ultimate
- W3 Total Cache
- Jetpack by WordPress.com
- Smush Image Compression
- a3 Lazy Load
- Contact Form 7
- WP QUADS AdSense
These are some of the most important and best WordPress plugins for blogs which will help you in boosting your blog as a beginner. Now, let’s talk about all the plugins one-by-one in detail.
AMP for WP
This AMP plugin automatically adds Accelerated Mobile Pages (Google AMP Project) functionality to your WordPress site. If you don’t know, AMP makes your website faster for mobile visitors.
AMP is a web component framework and a website publishing technology developed by Google that you can use to easily create user-first websites, stories, emails, and ads.
If your blog has AMP enabled, then your website will load faster in mobile and that will definitely boost your blog’s SEO resulting in more visitors and hence more revenue.
There is an official AMP plugin by WordPress.com also, but that is very raw and you can’t customize to that extent which you can do in this AMP for WP plugin. I have used both of them and the later is really amazing.
Every blogger’s aim behind creating a blog is getting more traffic. There are two ways to get more visitors, organic and paid advertisements. If you want to organically increase your blog’s traffic, then there comes the term SEO.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization i.e. you have to write you articles and blog content optimizing as per search engines like Google, Bing, etc. And if you don’t have any knowledge about webmasters and writing SEO-friendly articles, then there come plugins like Yoast SEO, All-in-One SEO, Rank Math, etc.
Among all these Yoast SEO is one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs with more than 5 Million active users. This article has been also written using Yoast SEO plugin and I would highly recommend you to use this on your blog.
Features of Yoast SEO Plugin
Yoast SEO does everything in its power to please both visitors and search engine spiders. A dedicated team of developers, testers, architects and SEO experts work daily to improve the plugin with every release. It offers:
- Title and meta description templating for better branding and consistent snippets in the search results.
- A state-of-the-art Schema implementation helps search engines make sense of your site and increases the chance on those coveted rich results.
- The most advanced XML Sitemaps functionality at the push of a button.
- Full control over your site’s breadcrumbs.
- Automatically set canonical URLs to avoid duplicate content.
- An invaluable tool to write SEO-friendly texts with the right (focus) keywords in mind.
- A snippet preview that shows you how your post or page will look in the search results. Even on mobile!
TinyMCE Advanced introduces a “Classic Paragraph” block for the block editor (Gutenberg). If you are not quite ready to switch to the block editor, or have plugins that cannot be used there (yet), using the Classic Paragraph block is your best option.
It lets you to continue to use the familiar TinyMCE editor for most tasks, and at the same time gives you full access to all blocks and new features in the block editor.
Features of TinyMCE Advanced Plugin
- “Classic Paragraph” block that can be used instead of or together with the standard Paragraph block.
- An option to set the Classic Paragraph or Classic block as the default block in the block editor.
- Supports converting of most default blocks to classic paragraphs, and from classic paragraphs back to the default blocks.
- Support for creating and editing tables in the Classic blocks and the classic editor.
- More options when inserting lists in the Classic blocks and the classic editor.
- Search and Replace in the Classic blocks and the classic editor.
- Ability to set Font Family and Font Sizes in the Classic blocks and the classic editor.
Shortcodes Ultimate is a comprehensive collection of various visual and functional elements, which you can use in the post editor, text widgets or even in template files.
You can easily create tabs, buttons, boxes, sliders and carousels, responsive videos and much, much more. First of all, select the element you want to get into your blog, fill out the details and then place the shortcode in your article.
W3 Total Cache
W3 Total Cache improves the SEO and user experience of your site by increasing website performance, reducing load times via features like content delivery network (CDN) integration and the latest best practices.
It is the only web host agnostic Web Performance Optimization (WPO) framework for WordPress trusted by millions of publishers, web developers, and web hosts worldwide for more than a decade. It is one of the most recommended plugins if you want to reduce your site’s load time.
Features of W3 Total Cache Plugin
- Improvements in search engine result page rankings, especially for mobile-friendly websites and sites that use SSL
- At least 10x improvement in overall site performance (Grade A in WebPagetest or significant Google Page Speed improvements) when fully configured.
- Improved conversion rates and “site performance” which affect your site’s rank on Google.com
- “Instant” repeat page views: browser caching
- Optimized progressive render: pages start rendering quickly and can be interacted with more quickly
- Reduced page load time: increased visitor time on site; visitors view more pages
- Improved web server performance; sustain high traffic periods
Jetpack by WordPress.com
Jetpack is an all-in-one ideal plugin for stats, related posts, search engine optimization, social sharing, protection, backups, security, and many more. But, there is one problem with this plugin, it reduces your website speed to some extent because it uses a lot of resources to perform well.
I would recommend you to use this plugin only if you have fast hosting otherwise it will affect your loading speed. One more thing, if you beginner in the filed of blogging then you should surely use Jetpack plugin even compromising with your site speed because it will help you to understand your blog’s performance very easily.
Features of Jetpack Plugin by WordPress.com
- Brute-force attack protection, spam filtering, and downtime monitoring.
- Backups of your entire site, either once daily or in real time.
- Secure login, with optional two-factor authentication.
- Lazy image loading for a faster mobile experience.
- Unlimited and high-speed video via our content delivery network.
- Advanced site stats and analytics for understanding your audience.
- Intuitive and powerful customization tools to match your website to your brand.
- SEO tools for Google, Bing, Twitter, Facebook, and WordPress.com to maximize your reach.
- Integration with the official WordPress mobile apps, to manage your site from anywhere.
Smush Image Compression and Optimization
An image speaks thousands of words. If you want to create amazing blogs then you must use images in your articles and even Google and other search engines see it like a SEO element.
But, images reduce the website speed because then blog’s file size become somewhat big which lead to slow loading. So, you need Smush Image Compressor Plugin to compress the images on your blog and eventually boost your site speed.
There are many plugins like this, but the reason behind recommending this one is that it has been benchmarked and tested number one for speed and quality and is the award-winning, back-to-back proven crowd favorite image optimization plugin for WordPress.
One more thing to be noted here, some image compression tools destroy images with as much as a 30% loss in quality. But, their servers strip hidden bulky information from your images and reduce file size without affecting the appearance.
Smush meticulously scans every image you upload or have already added to your site, cuts all the unnecessary data and scales it for you before adding it to your media library.
a3 Lazy Load
a3 Lazy Load is a mobile oriented, very simple to use plugin that will speed up sites page load speed. The more content heavy your site the better the plugin will perform and the more you will see the improvements in performance.
Whenever you visit an website, you might have noticed that the webpage loads completely even showing the images which takes some more time. But, activating a3 Lazy Load plugin on your site, your all images and media will not load the very first time.
What portion of the webpage is visible, that much will load first. And, the rest portion will load as you scroll down throughout your blog. In this way, the webpage loads very fast and gives a great user experience to the readers.
Contact Form 7
You might have seen a contact us page on all websites which includes a contact form so that if any visitor wan’t to get in touch with the website owner, it becomes very easy to use that form.
If you also want to make a contact us page on your blog, then Contact Form 7 is one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs to do the same. It is very simple and easy-to-use by where you have to just paste the shortcode into your page and your contact form will be live.
You can manage multiple contact forms, plus customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup. The form supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering and so on.
WP QUADS AdSense Plugin
All the plugins which I have talked about till now are to write SEO-friendly article, boost your website speed and provide a better user experience to your visitors. But, now let’s come to earning part.
If you use Google AdSense in your blog, then WP QUADS AdSense Plugin will help you to place your AdSense ads wherever you want in your blog. You can specify ads to be shown after a paragraph number like Ad 1 after paragraph 3 or paragraph 7.
It has also feature of excluding any page or post from showing ads. If you want to place Google AdSense ads on sidebar as widgets you can get that option too. In a nutshell, this is one of the best plugins to place AdSense ads on your blog.
Conclusion: Best WordPress Plugins for Blogs
So friends, these are some of the best free WordPress plugins which every blogger should use and improve their blog’s performance as well as user experience. I hope, you liked all of these and you also will be using these plugins in your blog.
If you have any query/doubt regarding any topic discussed in this blog “Top 10 Best WordPress Plugins for Blogs“, let me know in the comment section. Also, if you want to learn advanced blogging techniques then you can subscribe our email newsletter so that you don’t miss any future post.
Thanks for reading. Have a nice day!